Everyone likes mimics, gestures and facial expressions. That is a part of human interaction. However, over time facial muscles cause lots of lines such as nasolabial folds, crown’s feet, frown lines and marionette lines making you look tired, older, unhappy or angry.
Botox is a toxin produced by the bacterium Clostridium Botulinum. The idea behind botox injections is to provide paralysis to muscles preventing the release of a neurotransmitter from nerves into muscles, blocking nerve impulses to the tissue, reducing or eliminating facial wrinkles.
Paralysis induced by the BOTOX provides temporary results and does not travel far through your body, therefor, may require repeat injections. However, in the short run, BOTOX injections provide greatest results with the unwanted wrinkles all over your face, and suitable to be combined with various cosmetic and plastic procedures. Also, use of botox injections goes beyond the cosmetics and sometimes are used for muscle spasms, underarm sweating, chronic migraines, uncontrolled blinking and crossed eyes.
The results may diminish sooner with the older with less muscle tone. Whether you smoke or diet, the extent of sun exposure, and general health condition, allergies, are all major considerations while your case is being assessed by professionals and pre-post injection instructions are to be followed.
With a long experienced dermatologist or a plastic surgeon within Clinic Mono you can have your treatments with our inclusive package and enjoy youthfulness with such super quick outpatient treatments.
Do not forget to mention us of your plans to have any surgery, surgical history on injection sites, breast feeding history and planning on conceiving a baby and most importantly medicines you have been taking and will take.
- Facial exercising is recommended.
- Apply cold compress to the treated area.
- Any strenuous activity is not recommended within next 24 hours.
- Avoid massaging the treated area.
- Lying down for few hours following the outpatient treatment is good.
- Consult with our doctor if you are having any changes with skin regimen or use of other medicines or drugs is necessary for any reason.
- Procedure duration: 15 mins
- Anaesthetic: Numbing cream
- Net result: A couple of days to a week
- Pain: Minor insect bite-alike
- Stitches: None