Rhinoplasty, also known as nose job, is a medical term to surgical reshaping of the nose.
Rhinoplasty is one of the most common and demanded plastic surgery and it is done whether for aesthetic or functional reasons or sometimes both. When it comes to the aesthetic concerns, procedure aims to reshape your nose by; narrowing it down, fixing the hump or changing the appearance of the nose tip, or a combination of all.However, nowadays, scientific studies and professionals started emphasizing the importance of preservation rhinoplasty, considerably because a failed nosejob results in patients to disfunction in breathing and sometimes corrective actions make things way worse. Therefore, ligament and cartilage anatomy and understanding the dimensions of it and integrity of it had its place in the list of concerns for patients.
Since nose plays a big central role on your face and can change your appearance dramatically. That is why it is important to see your end result before the surgery. We at Mono Cosmetic Surgery provide you just that by doing a simulation picture of how your nose will look after the surgery.
Types of Rhinoplasty
- Open Rhinoplasty: a cut is made across the skin between the nostrils leaving a fine scar which gradually fades away.
- Closed Rhinoplasty: involves tiny cuts inside the nostrils leaving minimal, mostly internal scarring.
- Septo-Rhinoplasty: straightens the nose to correct a deviated septum and fix the respiratory problems.
- Rhinoplasty-Tip: cartilage is removed to reduce the tip without visible scarring.
Your clinical experience starts with a quick snapshot of your overall health and physical consultation with our surgeon in which all surgical details are planned such as; simulation pictures of how the nose will look like after the surgery. Your questions are being answered and details are being discussed. Procedure takes up to 2,5 hours and the patients are discharged from the hospital the day after the procedure date, however a series of instructions for aftercare will be provided.
You will be able to return to work after 10 days. The stitches are usually removed within 5-7 days. Your nose will be healed in about 4 weeks. You may experience some swelling and bruising which is normal and common after rhinoplasty.
- Procedure: Resizing nose, bump removal, tip correction
- Surgery duration: 1-3 hours
- Total stay: 5-7 days
- Anaesthesia: General anaesthetic
- Recovery time: 7 -10 days
- Risks and Complications:
- Exercise: After 3-4 weeks
- Scars: Dependent on surgical technique
- Final Results: Swelling and bruising subsides after 7-15 days; the final result of the nose will show itself after 6 months up to 1 year.